Friday, April 10, 2015

Indian Style Pasta | Quick Pasta | Easy Masala Pasta

Indian Style Pasta | Quick Pasta | Easy Masala Pasta is a simple pasta recipe and it is really a blend of many tastes. This is ideal for any meal with some salads or can be served as it is for light meal. I love pasta for its beautiful shapes and its versatility to adapt to any kind of flavours & tastes. Of all I like the bow-tie shaped called Farfalle, but I couldn’t find any in nearby stores which I frequently. At last I got this Elbow shaped (Chifferi Rigati).

Coming to my pasta recipe, I tried this pasta on last Sunday for breakfast. Normally I prefer Sunday breakfasts to be simple to make them ready in a few minutes. Most of the times, it would be some toast, sandwich, upma, porridge etc. Because, only during Sundays, my son & hub will have the privilege of waking up at their own time. I too have my own time, only on Sundays, enjoying every sip of my hot tea while reading the newspaper without any disturbance since I keep following my regular wake up time even on Sundays.. J So as per Sunday breakfast standards, I thought of making this pasta quite simple with minimal ingredients. I boiled the pasta and kept it ready. When everyone was ready for their breakfast, I started preparing the dish & got it finished in 10 minutes. My son & hub enjoyed it hot but I had to take it cold due to photo session. Anyways, I liked it cold. I’m sure this mild sweet, spicy version of pasta will frequent my Sunday breakfast menu. What about you?
Ingredients:
To boil pasta:

  • Pasta  – 1 cup
  • Water – 3 cups
  • Oil – 1 tsp
  • Salt – 1 tsp
To prepare simple pasta:

  • Oil – 1 tbsp
  • Garlic (crushed) – 1 tbsp
  • Green chilli (finely chopped) – 1 No.
  • Onion (finely chopped)  – 1 No.
  • Tomato (finely chopped) – 1 No.
  • Carrot (chopped) – 1 No.
  • Red chilli paste – ½ tsp
  • Sweet & sour sauce – 1 tsp
  • Spring onion – 3 stalks
  • Pasta mix – 1 tbsp
  • Salt –to taste
Method:

  1. Boil 3 cups of water, bring it to boil.  Add  a pinch of salt, oil & pasta and cook until soft. Drain in a colander,  run through cold water and keep aside. You can keep ¼ cup of pasta boiled water for future use.
  2. Keep the veggies ready. Chop the white part of spring onion finely & keep aside.  Roughly chop the green part for garnishing.
  3. In a non stick pan, heat oil and add crushed garlic. Sauté till the garlic becomes golden brown in colour.
  4. Add the finely chopped onion & sauté till it becomes translucent.  Add the white part of the spring onion and sauté for a while.
  5. Add tomato and sauté until it becomes mushy & creamy.
  6. Add carrots, salt  and sauté in high flame for 2 minutes.
  7. Add the red chilli paste & sauce and sauté for a while.
  8. Add ¼ cup of  plain water or reserved pasta boiled water and stir well.
  9. When everything comes together, add the pasta and toss everything well.
  10. Finally add pasta mix and garnish with spring onion green stalks.
Hot, spicy pasta is ready to eat with sweet & sour taste…

Note:

  • If you don’t have pasta mix, add some oregano and pepper powder. If you don’t have both, don’t worry, add some chopped cilantro & pepper powder.
  • If you like this to be sweeter, add some honey/ sugar while adding sauce.
  • You can add any veggies of your choice.
Tags: simple pasta recipe, sweet pasta recipe, sweet & spice pasta recipe, Pasta using sauces, pasta with Italian spice mix, how to cook pasta?, Breakfast recipes, simple breakfast recipes, Breakfast recipes with pasta, sweet & sour pasta recipe 

No comments:

Post a Comment